Home » Posts tagged 'Testing'
Tag Archives: Testing
Dear Patriot Nation,
Congratulations to our Varsity Boys’ Volleyball Team who won the State Semi-finals in a three match shut out tonight and who will travel to defend for state title and a potential back to back championship this Thursday, November 16th at the Siegel Center at 1 PM. Much like last year, we are excited to announce that we have been able to arrange for a school field trip to take several spirit buses for student spectators to support our team!
For those students in attendance at tonight’s game, we distributed info and permission forms for Thursday’s trip and are sharing that same opportunity with everyone now as well (same permission form is attached and also on our school website). Tomorrow morning, we will begin collecting payment and permission forms for Thursday’s trip at 8 AM in the new gym. Unfortunately, we have approximately 100 slots for students on our buses, so we have a priority system for first access to tickets described below.
- On Tuesday, November 14th, PHHS Boys’ Volleyball Team competed in the State Semifinals and WON and will now progress to the State Finals and will represent Hanover in a match that could bring home a state title!
- The State Finals will be played at the Siegel Center on Thursday, November 16th at 1 PM.
In preparation for this EXCITING OPPORTUNITY, several of us began planning behind the scenes this past week in hopes of tonight’s win. These are the guidelines for interested & eligible students:
- This will be a school-sponsored field trip departing school at 11:30 AM (leaving class for field trip roll call at 11:15 AM) & returning to PHHS at 3:15 PM.
- For students to attend, they must:
- Be a Senior or a Junior
(Sophomores on “standby” if seats on bus are available; we will take Sophomore permission forms on first come, first serve basis for a standby list. )
- Have not failed any course for 1st Quarter.
- BRING A PACKED LUNCH for the bus ride to the game.
- Obtain the Field Trip Permission Slip during breakfast AND/OR all 4 lunches on Wednesday (Sophomores may pick up permission forms in case seats are left open at end of lunches so that Juniors & Seniors get first option- see more below).
- Return signed permission form on Thursday (OR on Wednesday for those who attended Tuesday night’s game) and
- Purchase the $13 package (Field trip cost = $3 for bus ride + $10 ticket= $13).
- Students can use their usual transportation home after school since the field trip will return by 3:15 PM.
***This event is open to the public and tickets at the Siegel Center are $10 should any other community members wish to attend (see attached information, which includes parking lot locations on a diagram). Also, PTL will be livestreaming audio commentary from courtside on Spreaker.com, so tune in!
Please bring your textbook or payment for your lost book (prices attached) to your final exam if you haven’t turned it in already.
|Monday, June 12||A1||Lunch/Study Hall||A3|
|Tuesday, June 13||B1||Lunch/Study Hall||B3|
|Wednesday, June 14||A2||Lunch/Study Hall||A4|
|Thursday, June 15||B2||Lunch/Study Hall||B4|
Below, please find a preview of the week to come as well as a few reminders & highlights:
Teacher Appreciation Week
- This upcoming week is Teacher Appreciation week. Please encourage your students to offer thanks to their teachers throughout the week with small tokens of appreciation such as emails or words of thanks.
Prom Ticket Sales
- Patrick Henry’s Prom, “Dance Among the Stars” will be held in the Thalhimer Pavilion at the Science Museum of Virginia on Saturday, May 13, 2017 from 7:00-11:00.
- Tickets will be sold before and after school from Monday, May 1- Friday, May 5 in the cafeteria. If a students is bringing a guest from another school, a Guest Permission form needs to be completed before the students can purchase tickets. The Guest Permission Form is available on the counter in the front office. All course fees must be paid in order for a student to purchase a prom ticket.
- All students and guests attending Patrick Henry’s Prom are expected to abide by Hanover County’s policy for dress and behavior.
- Parents are invited to attend Senior Walk which will begin at 9:30pm.
- Please contact Mrs. Greenwood (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mrs. Pauley (email@example.com) with any questions.
- Patrick Henry High School will recognize senior Eagle Scouts and Gold Award recipients at our Senior Awards Night.
- Please email Mrs. Roane in the Counseling Center at firstname.lastname@example.org if your son or daughter is a senior Eagle Scout or Gold Award recipient so that we can include them in the program. Congratulations to our seniors who have earned these fine accomplishments!
- Senior Awards Night: Hanover Scholars Ceremony and Scholarship Awards Ceremony Save the Date!
- Thursday, June 1, 2017 – Patrick Henry’s Webb Auditorium
- Hanover Scholars will be honored for their academic accomplishments starting at 5:30pm. (Students line up in New Gym at 5:10pm.)
- A reception sponsored by HEF will begin immediately after the ceremony at 6:15pm.
- Scholarship Award Recipients will be honored during a ceremony beginning at 7:00pm. (Students line up in New Gym at 6:40pm.)
- Parents will be sent a letter the week of May 10 if their child has been chosen as a scholarship recipient.
- If the senior has received a scholarship award from the college they will attend or an outside organization not related to PHHS, the student must bring a copy of the official award letter to the School Counseling office confirming the scholarship no later than May 5 if they want to be acknowledged for it during the Scholarship Awards Ceremony. The student will be called to the stage during the ceremony to be acknowledged for the award.
- Students should be present at the Senior Awards Night ceremonies and need to wear their caps and gowns. If the senior is a Hanover Scholar or Scholarship recipient and cannot make these ceremonies please email Ms. Konrad at email@example.com as soon as possible! You can also leave a message at 365-8025.
- Parents and proud family members are invited and encouraged to attend!
- Students must complete the Hanover Scholar Information Google Form https://goo.gl/forms/mgfcoyJ82dZZ3tgB2 by May 5
HCPS Parent Survey
- We value your opinion! Please consider taking a few minutes to complete a quick online survey for each student you have enrolled in HCPS to help us continuously improve our school division. The survey can be found at: http://eprovesurveys.advanc-ed.org/surveys/#/action/19219/p870, or you can obtain a paper copy from any school. Please complete the survey by May 3rd.
- Please be assured that your responses to this survey will be anonymous and will be used by principals and division-level staff to further advance education in Hanover County.
- Thank you for your time and for helping us to remain an exceptional school division!
IB Exam Information
- Please see attached for IB exam schedule and locations
School Counseling Information
- Want to earn college credit while taking a class required for high school graduation? Join Longwood University on Tuesday, May 9th at The Hanover Center for Trades and Technology at 5:30 to learn more about their online summer Economics and Personal Finance course!” Please contact your school counselor for more information.
- Hanover County Summer School Registration opens on Monday, May 1, 2017 and will remain open until June 21, 2017. Registration for online courses will close early on June 2, 2017. All Hanover County students are required to sign up through the online registration form this year. Summer School will run from June 26 to August 9 and will be held at Hanover High School. Sign up early to secure your spot as classes do fill up quickly. For more information and to register, please visit:https://sites.google.com/hcps.us/summerschool/secondary-information?authuser=0.
- The Caron Treatment Center’s Student Assistance Program is hosting a parent workshop on helping students to be resilient against substance use. This program, Parenting Resources and Education for Parents: A Community Discussion, will be held May 23 from 7:00 – 8:30 pm at Northstar Community, 563 Southlake Blvd, Richmond, VA 23236. There is no cost to attend. Refreshments will be provided. Interested participants may RSVP to Vanessa Fletcher at VFletcher@caron.org by May 19. For more information, please call 804-317-8935.
- Hanover Scholars, please complete the google form for the Hanover Scholar Information sheet before May 1st. You can find the form at https://goo.gl/forms/bEOhTUKS9bbnXd6q1
- Registration has begun for Longwood University’s Dual Enrollment Economics and Personal Finance Course! Here is the link to make registration as easy as possible for any students interested in taking this course: https://www.applyweb.com/cgi-bin/app?s=lwud. Check out this informational video and please email Marissa Brunner (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Danielle Hennessey (email@example.com) with any questions.”
- “Do you have questions on how to pay for college? Check out the Guide to Paying for College – Financial Aid, Scholarships, Savings, & Student Loans. This guide includes 6 steps in total, including The Cost of College, The Steps to Paying for College, Financial Aid, Scholarships & Grants, College Savings Accounts, and Student Loans.”
Summer Programs and Scholarships
- Students, check out the great summer programs, career exploration programs and leadership opportunities on the Announcements page of the Career Center website!
- The FBI Richmond Youth Academy for juniors and seniors will be held July 17 and July 18, 2017 at the Richmond Field Office. During the academy, students will be provided an overview of the FBI’s mission and operations. Application Deadline is May 31. For more information, click on these links: FBI Youth Academy Release and FBI Youth Academy Application.
PH Penny Wars
- Over the next week, the PH Kindness Crew will be collecting change and dollar bills for the VCU Massey Cancer Center. Each grade level will be competing to see who can raise the most money. Please encourage your Patriot to participate in this fun and friendly competition. Collection will occur before school and during all four lunches
- For all the latest updates on Patrick Henry Athletic Teams and accomplishments click here.
|PHHS Shout Out
PHHS Events May 1st – May 5th
For the full list of events at Patrick Henry click here
Monday May 1st
|AP and IB testing begins|
|Boys Varsity Tennis at Patrick Henry||4:30PM|
|Girls Varsity Tennis vs. Varina||4:30PM|
|Girls Varsity Soccer at Patrick Henry
Rescheduled from 3-31
|JV Baseball and Softball at Patrick Henry||6:00PM|
|Varsity Baseball and Softball at Henrico||6:00PM and 7:00PM|
Tuesday May 2nd
|Girls Varsity Lacrosse at Atlee
Rescheduled from 4-20
|JV Softball and Baseball at Patrick Henry||6:00PM|
|Varsity Baseball and Softball at Highland Springs||6:00PM|
|Boys and Girls Varsity Soccer at Highland Springs||6:00PM and 7:30PM|
Wednesday May 3rd
|Girls Varsity Tennis at Atlee||4:30PM|
|Boys Varsity Tennis at Patrick Henry||4:30PM|
|Boys and Girls JV Soccer at Caroline||5:30PM and 7:00PM|
|JV Baseball at Patrick Henry
Rescheduled from 3-14
|Varsity Baseball at Louisa||6:00PM|
|Varsity Softball at Patrick Henry
Rescheduled from 3-31
|Boys and Girls Varsity Lacrosse at Patrick Henry||6:00PM and 7:30PM|
Thursday May 4th
|Boys Varsity Tennis at Caroline
Rescheduled from 4-06
|Boys JV and Varsity Lacrosse at Lee Davis||6:00PM and 7:30PM|
|Girls JV and Varsity Lacrosse at Patrick Henry||5:30PM and 7:00PM|
Friday May 5th
|Boys and Girls Varsity Track Invitational at Caroline||TBD|
|Boys JV and Boys and Girls Varsity Soccer at Patrick Henry||4:45PM, 6:00PM and 7:30PM|
|JV Baseball Game vs Lee Davis
Double Header: One Game Rescheduled from 4-06
|5:00PM and 7:00PM|
|Varsity Baseball and Softball at Patrick Henry||6:00PM and 7:00PM|
|Pops Concert in the Auditorium||7:00PM|
PSAT Sign up sheets are available on the counter in the Counseling Center or by printing the attached form.. The cost is $15.00 for 9th grade or 11th grade or homeschoolled students wishing to take the test. All 10th graders will take the PSAT at No Cost.
All forms and money are due by Wednesday, October 12th at 3:00 PM in the Counseling Center.