- Patrick Henry will hold a school-wide awards assembly on Friday October 6th in the new gym from 9:15-10:45 AM. Students will be recognized for academic achievements earned as Patriots during the 2016-2017 school year. Parents are welcome to attend and will be contacted if your student will be recognized individually.
- If you missed the Candid Color senior picture appointments during the summer, the make-up day is October 4. Candid Color will be on-site from 3:15-5:00, and you must sign up outside room 506 to reserve your spot.
- Jostens will have 3 opportunities for Seniors and Families to place their graduation orders directly with Jostens representatives:
1) Monday 9/25 during all four lunches
2) Tuesday 9/26 during all four lunches
3) Tuesday 9/26 from 4-7 in the Commons
- Underclass pictures will be held on October 4-5 and will be taken through English classes.
- Order forms will be distributed the week of September 25 or students may see Mrs. Zook in room 506.
- SCA will be selling Homecoming tickets to the Enchanted Forest beginning October 2nd. Early Bird Special tickets will be $15 and will sold during all lunches in the cafeteria the week of October 2nd-6th. Tickets will also be available the week of Oct 10th-13th out of the SCA Office before school and during A3 for $20.
- The Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) test will be given on Tuesday, October 24 at 8:30 a.m. This test is given to all NJROTC cadets as part of the program and as a completer for CTE credit. The test can also be taken by students not enrolled in NJROTC in grades 11 and 12. The test lasts approximately 3 hours. ASVAB scores are used primarily to determine enlistment eligibility, assign applicants to military jobs, and to aid students in career exploration. This test is required by anyone desiring to enter a branch of the armed forces, and test results are valid for 2 years. The ASVAB is also a great test to determine your potential aptitude for specific career fields. ASVAB Tests taken at PH do not get released to military recruiters unless you give permission.
- Non JROTC students (grades 11-12) who are interested in taking this test, please get a permission form from the School Testing Coordinator, Ms. Whitaker, in Room 204 and return back to Ms. Whitaker by Friday, October 13.
CAREER COUNSELING NEWS:
- College Recruiter visits during Week of September 25:
- College of William & Mary – Monday, September 25 (lunch visit)
- Virginia Commonwealth University – Thursday, September 28 (lunch visit)
- Johnson & Wales University – Friday, September 29 (lunch visit)
- SAVE THE DATES:
- Monday, October 16 at 6:00 pm – College Information Night at Hanover High School: Learn more about the college admissions process, financing for college, the importance of the college visit, and choosing a college major. Panelists from various Virginia colleges will speak on these important topics.
- 2017 QuestBridge National College Match
- The 2017 QuestBridge National College Match for high school seniors is now open! The free, online application is due on September 27, 2017.
- QuestBridge is a nationally recognized nonprofit that connects high-achieving, low-income students to full four-year scholarships at the nation’s best colleges, including Stanford, Yale, MIT, Amherst, and Duke
- To learn more, visit www.questbridge.org
- Exploring College Options – Student/Parent Information Session
- Duke, Georgetown, Harvard, Penn and Stanford are hosting this event to share information with prospective students and their parents about their institutions, up-to-date information about selection practices and processes, financial aid opportunities and more.
- RSVP at: www.exploringcollegeoptions.org
- Monday, October 2, 7:00 pm
- Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa at Short Pump
- 12042 West Broad Street Richmond, VA 23233 (804) 364-3600
- Reminder to get connected with your Career Counseling Center this school year
- Visit our website at – https://hcpscareercounseling.wordpress.com/
- Follow me on Twitter: @HCPSCareers for up to date details on the latest Careers, College/Military Visits, Scholarships and more!
- The 2017-18 Senior Scholarship Application is now open for senior students to access. Completing this application will qualify seniors to be considered for scholarships provided by area businesses and organizations through the PHHS Scholarship Committee. The deadline to complete the application is Friday, December 29, 2017 at 12 midnight. Seniors can use the below link to access the application: http://bit.ly/2017SeniorScholarshipApp
- If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
IB Testing Fees
- If your child is a Junior or Senior taking an IB level course, then the IB organization requires that they must register for the IB exam in May 2018. Mr. Eads has been coming into classrooms throughout the week to discuss the testing fees, testing dates, and distribute the form attached here. The testing fees are due by October 31, 2017.
- Thank you for your understanding and if you have any questions, please contact Mr. Eads, email@example.com or 804-365-8045.
Athletic Events for the Week of September 25th
- Monday Sept. 25th
- Boys JV and Varsity Volleyball at Deep Run at 6PM
- Girls JV and Varsity Volleyball at Patrick Henry at 6PM
- JV and Varsity Field Hockey at Hanover at 5:30PM
- Tuesday Sept. 26th
- Boys and Girls Cross Country Meet at Wilder Middle at 5PM (rescheduled from 9-27)
- Girls JV and Varsity Volleyball at Atlee 6PM
- Boys JV and Varsity Volleyball at Patrick Henry at 6PM
- Wednesday Sept. 27th
- Varsity Field Hockey at Hermitage at 6PM
- Thursday Sept. 28th
- Girls JV and Varsity Volleyball at Patrick Henry at 6PM
- Boys Varsity Volleyball at Henrico at 6PM
- JV Football Game at Patrick Henry 7PM
- Friday Sept. 29th
- Varsity Football at Atlee at 7PM
- Saturday Sept. 30th
- Girls Cross Country Invitational at Patrick Henry
STAY IN TOUCH WITH PATRIOT NATION:
- PHHS Website- http://hanover.k12.va.us/phhs/ In support of the snapshots provided by the weekly e-newsletter, our school website will remain the source for more detailed information and links.
- PHHS Calendar- On our school website you will find a link to the PHHS School Calendar, formerly referred to as the athletic calendar. We work diligently to “bundle” information about all major school-related happenings in ONE PLACE on our school calendar, including major holidays, early release days, report card distribution, whole school events and assemblies, large field trips and concert dates, sports competitions, standardized testing dates, etc. Specific club, organization, and course dates are not posted on this larger calendar: PHHS School Calendar 1718