Below, please find a preview of the week to come as well as a few reminders & highlights…
IMPORTANT ITEMS FOR CLOSING OUT THE YEAR:
- Parents, textbooks are being inventoried and collected THIS WEEK!
- If a student has lost or damaged a textbook, THE STUDENT IS REQUIRED TO PAY FOR THE BOOK, and the price list is attached.
- Please help ensure your student is bringing in textbook and any other resource that should be returned to PHHS. Thank you in advance for your help.
Medications at School
- Please pick up your child’s medications no later than June 15th, 2017. After this date, all medications in the clinic must and will be properly destroyed if not picked up by a parent/guardian before. Please contact Colleen Daugherty, RN at 804-365-8015 for inquiry or to make pick-up arrangements.
- FALL SPORTS PHYSICALS: These physicals are good for the entire 2017-2018 school year, the cost is ONLY $20, and the proceeds help to fund our athletic training and athletics program so your small investment comes directly back to students.
- WHO?: Hosted by Patrick Henry Athletic Training Department; Serving both PHHS & LMS students
- WHEN?: Directly after school on Thursday, June 8th beginning at 3:30 PM.
- WHERE?: Meet in the PHHS Commons/Cafeteria to check-in & to receive order in line
- HOW?: Physicals will be given on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please bring your $20 payment with you. If you have any question please contact Patrick Henry’s Athletic Trainer, Chris Garrett at firstname.lastname@example.org
FALL SPORTS PARENT & STUDENT INFORMATIONAL MEETING:
- The Patrick Henry Athletic Department will host an IMPORTANT informational meeting on Thursday, June 8th at 7:00 PM for PARENT/GUARDIANS & ATHLETES interested in fall sports at Patrick Henry.
- We strongly encourage anyone considering a fall sport to attend so you may plan accordingly this summer.
- We will gather first in our Auditorium as a large group first and then will break off into sports-specific groups.
- Coaches for sideline cheer, competition cheer, golf, football, field hockey, cross country and volleyball will be on hand to answer questions.
- If you have any question please email Patrick Henry’s Athletic Director, Matt Crowder at email@example.com
- Attention Dual Enrollment students and parents! Payment information has been sent to both students and parents. Dual Enrollment payments are due in full by June 15, 2017. Please contact Mrs. Roane in the Counseling Center if you have questions or concerns about your payments.
- All library books are now due! Students (and parents) can check to see if they have any library books checked out or overdue fines by going to Destiny Library Catalog and clicking on the “login” button in the top right hand corner. Usernames are the student ID numbers and the passwords are birthdates (DDMMYY). Once logged in, click on the “my info” tab which is above the top green bar to find books that have been checked out and any fines that may be owed to the library. Overdue fines may be paid online through myschoolbucks.com; select library fines from the list and then enter the appropriate amount. Questions about books or fines can be directed to Mrs. Lent (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mrs. Brown (email@example.com) or by calling the library directly at 365-8036.
- Each student has their own HCPS Google account. It is important that your child remember their username and password for the first days of school in the fall. If your child has used Google this year please write down this information some place safe so that they are ready to begin the school year in September.
- Hanover County Employees that are interested in sitting in the reserved VIP seating section for Graduation need to email Leslie Nuckols at firstname.lastname@example.org to make the reservation. You may reserve up to 12 seats.
PTSA Officers 2017-2018
- The Nominating Committee of the Patrick Henry High School Parent Teacher Student Associate have slated the officers for the 2017-2018 school year. The General Membership meeting for elections will be Monday, June 12, 2017. The slate of officers are as follows:
- President – Anne Leigh Klinger
- 1st Vice President – Programming – Nat Draper
- 2nd Vice President – Membership – Amanda Lauritzen
- 3rd Vice President – Ways & Means – Cheryl Herbert
- Treasurer – Lynn Overby
- Secretary – Chris Dull
School Counseling Information
- Seniors! If you are attending a 2- or 4-year university, you must request that your final transcript be sent to you college or university. Please visit Parchment.com, log in, and request your transcript free of charge at this time by clicking “Hold for Grades” at the time of the order. Fees are temporarily disabled but will be turned back on soon so order yours today!
- The PH Counseling Center now has a Twitter account! Follow them @PH_Counseling to receive up-to-date information on upcoming deadlines, dates, and pertinent information. Parents, students, and faculty members are all welcome to follow us
- Hanover County Summer School Registration opens on Monday, May 1, 2017 and will remain open until June 21, 2017. Registration for online courses will close early on June 2, 2017. All Hanover County students are required to sign up through the online registration form this year. Summer School will run from June 26 to August 9 and will be held at Hanover High School. Sign up early to secure your spot as classes do fill up quickly. For more information and to register, please visit:https://sites.google.com/hcps.us/summerschool/secondary-information?authuser=0.
- Registration has begun for Longwood University’s Dual Enrollment Economics and Personal Finance Course! Here is the link to make registration as easy as possible for any students interested in taking this course: https://www.applyweb.com/cgi-bin/app?s=lwud. Check out this informational video and please email Marissa Brunner (email@example.com) or Danielle Hennessey (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.”
- “Do you have questions on how to pay for college? Check out the Guide to Paying for College – Financial Aid, Scholarships, Savings, & Student Loans. This guide includes 6 steps in total, including The Cost of College, The Steps to Paying for College, Financial Aid, Scholarships & Grants, College Savings Accounts, and Student Loans.”
- Substance Use Prevention: Substance Use Prevention Education Blog
IMPORTANT INFO FOR YOUR SUMMER PLANNING:
- WHO?: Rising PHreshmen (9th Graders) and PHuture Patriot Parents
- WHEN?: August 17th from 9 AM to 12 PM.
- WHAT?: Students and parents will be in separate sessions & events.
- STUDENTS: Please plan to join us for a fun-filled morning including myth-busters brought to you by fellow Patriots, “insider” tours, spirit games, and more.
- PARENTS: This year, the Counseling Center and PH Administration have added a concurrent but separate parent program with these components:
- high school information that every parent needs to know & where to find it &
- an opportunity to pay for school fees early (avoid the lines on the August 24th Fee Night, complete the bulk of school forms & registrations).
- HOW?: Visit www.tinyurl.com/PHPatriotCamp to register today. Registration is now open for this exciting event, & RSVP is required to participate. We can’t wait to see you there!
- Fee Night for Rising 10th-12th will be on Tuesday, August 24th from 4-7 PM with the following target times for each of these three grade levels to attend:
- 4-5 PM: 12th Graders
- 5-6 PM: 11th Graders
- 6-7 PM: 10th Graders (& any 9th Grader Parents unable to attend Patriot Camp- see above)
- Fee Night is an excellent time to get a jump start on the year!
Summer Food Info
- Teachers and Friends – If you have a school aged student in need of breakfast and lunch this summer text FOOD to 877877 and receive a message back with a location closest to you where they can get free summer meals.
- Please copy and paste! Yourshare could keep a belly full.
Summer Programs and Scholarships
- Students, check out the great summer programs, career exploration programs and leadership opportunities on the Announcements page of the Career Center website!
- Student Citizen’s Police Academy: Rising 9th-12th graders interested in learning more about law enforcement and investigations should see their School Resource Officer to get information on applying for the youth police academy.
PHHS Events June 5th – June 9th
For the full list of events at Patrick Henry click here
Monday June 5th
|Lacrosse Awards Night||4:30PM|
Tuesday June 6th
|Girls Soccer Awards Night in the Cafeteria||6:00PM|
Wednesday June 7th
|No After School Events|
Thursday June 8th
|Sports Physicals in teh Cafeteria||3:30PM|
Friday June 9th
|Music in the Park – Auditorium and Main Gym|