Below, please find a preview of the week to come as well as a few reminders & highlights:
Medications at School
- All medications in the clinic will be properly destroyed if not picked up by a parent/guardian on or before June 15th, 2017. Please contact Colleen Daugherty, RN at 804-365-8015 for inquiry or to make pick-up arrangements.
- Attention Dual Enrollment students and parents! Payment information has been sent to both students and parents. Dual Enrollment payments are due in full by June 15, 2017. Please contact Mrs. Roane in the Counseling Center if you have questions or concerns about your payments.
- All library books are now due! Students (and parents) can check to see if they have any library books checked out or overdue fines by going to Destiny Library Catalog and clicking on the “login” button in the top right hand corner. Usernames are the student ID numbers and the passwords are birthdates (DDMMYY). Once logged in, click on the “my info” tab which is above the top green bar to find books that have been checked out and any fines that may be owed to the library. Overdue fines may be paid online through myschoolbucks.com; select library fines from the list and then enter the appropriate amount. Questions about books or fines can be directed to Mrs. Lent (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mrs. Brown (email@example.com) or by calling the library directly at 365-8036.
- Each student has their own HCPS Google account. It is important that your child remember their username and password for the first days of school in the fall. If your child has used Google this year please write down this information some place safe so that they are ready to begin the school year in September.
- Hanover County Employees that are interested in sitting in the reserved VIP seating section for Graduation need to email Leslie Nuckols at firstname.lastname@example.org to make the reservation. You may reserve up to 12 seats.
- Patriot Camp for Rising PHreshmen and PHuture Patriot Parents will be held on August 17, 2017 from 9 AM to 12 PM. Registration is now open for this exciting event. This year, the Counseling Center and PH Administration have added a concurrent parent program with pertinent high school information and an opportunity to pay for school fees early. Please plan to join us for a fun-filled day including tours, games, and more. Visit www.tinyurl.com/PHPatriotCamp to register today. RSVP required to participate.
School Counseling Information
- Seniors! The Counseling Center will be conducting the mandatory Senior Survey May 30 – June 2. ALL seniors are required to complete this survey before graduating from Hanover County Public Schools. You will receive a pass to attend your survey session; please bring any pertinent information about your post-secondary plans and we will see you then!
- Seniors! If you are attending a 2- or 4-year university, you must request that your final transcript be sent to you college or university. Please visit Parchment.com, log in, and request your transcript free of charge at this time by clicking “Hold for Grades” at the time of the order. Fees are temporarily disabled but will be turned back on soon so order yours today!
- The PH Counseling Center now has a Twitter account! Follow them @PH_Counseling to receive up-to-date information on upcoming deadlines, dates, and pertinent information. Parents, students, and faculty members are all welcome to follow us
- Hanover County Summer School Registration opens on Monday, May 1, 2017 and will remain open until June 21, 2017. Registration for online courses will close early on June 2, 2017. All Hanover County students are required to sign up through the online registration form this year. Summer School will run from June 26 to August 9 and will be held at Hanover High School. Sign up early to secure your spot as classes do fill up quickly. For more information and to register, please visit: https://sites.google.com/hcps.us/summerschool/secondary-information?authuser=0.
- Registration has begun for Longwood University’s Dual Enrollment Economics and Personal Finance Course! Here is the link to make registration as easy as possible for any students interested in taking this course: https://www.applyweb.com/cgi-bin/app?s=lwud. Check out this informational video and please email Marissa Brunner (email@example.com) or Danielle Hennessey (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.”
- “Do you have questions on how to pay for college? Check out the Guide to Paying for College – Financial Aid, Scholarships, Savings, & Student Loans. This guide includes 6 steps in total, including The Cost of College, The Steps to Paying for College, Financial Aid, Scholarships & Grants, College Savings Accounts, and Student Loans.”
Summer Programs and Scholarships
- Students, check out the great summer programs, career exploration programs and leadership opportunities on the Announcements page of the Career Center website!
- The FBI Richmond Youth Academy for juniors and seniors will be held July 17 and July 18, 2017 at the Richmond Field Office. During the academy, students will be provided an overview of the FBI’s mission and operations. Application Deadline is May 31. For more information, click on these links: FBI Youth Academy Release and FBI Youth Academy Application.
Substance Use Prevention
- Substance Use Prevention Education Blog: Are energy drinks safe for teens? This week’s blog post discusses the dangers of too much caffeine. www.boldwithprevention.blogspot.com
- Student Citizen’s Police Academy: Rising 9th-12th graders interested in learning more about law enforcement and investigations should see their School Resource Officer to get information on applying for the youth police academy.
PTSA Officers 2017-2018
- The Nominating Committee of the Patrick Henry High School Parent Teacher Student Associate have slated the officers for the 2017-2018 school year. The General Membership meeting for elections will be Monday, June 12, 2017. The slate of officers are as follows:
- President – Anne Leigh Klinger
- 1st Vice President – Programming – Nat Draper
- 2nd Vice President – Membership – Amanda Lauritzen
- 3rd Vice President – Ways & Means – Cheryl Herbert
- Treasurer – Lynn Overby
- Secretary – Chris Dull
- For all the latest updates on Patrick Henry Athletic Teams and accomplishments click here.
|PHHS Shout Out
PHHS Events May 29th – June 2nd
For the full list of events at Patrick Henry click here
Monday May 29th
|Memorial Day – School Closed|
Tuesday May 30th
|String Dress Rehearsal in the Auditorium||3:30PM|
|Boys Soccer Awards Night in the Cafeteria||6:30PM|
Wednesday May 31st
|Strings Spring Concert in the Auditorium||7:00PM|
Thursday June 1st
|Emerging Leaders Celebration in the Library||2:30PM|
|Senior Awards Night in the Auditorium||5:30PM|
Friday June 2nd
|Music in the Park – Auditorium and Main Gym|
|Marching Band Awards||4:00PM|