Below, please find a preview of the week to come as well as a few reminders & highlights:
Prom Ticket Sales
- Prom tickets will be sold for a final time on Monday May 8th before and after school in the cafeteria.
- Patrick Henry’s Prom, “Dance Among the Stars” will be held in the Thalhimer Pavilion at the Science Museum of Virginia on Saturday, May 13, 2017 from 7:00-11:00.
- All students and guests attending Patrick Henry’s Prom are expected to abide by Hanover County’s policy for dress and behavior.
- Parents are invited to attend Senior Walk which will begin at 9:30pm.
- Please contact Mrs. Greenwood (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mrs. Pauley (email@example.com) with any questions.
- Parents and students, as the weather gets nicer please remember that students are expected to following the Hanover County Dress Code which can be found in the student handbook at: http://hanover.k12.va.us/2016-2017_HCPS_StudentHandbook_8-1.pdf
Patrick Henry Employees of the Year
- Patrick Henry would like to recognize and congratulate the following employees:
- Mr. Jacob Devol – Chorus – Beginning Teacher of the Year
- Mrs. Laci Lizarraga – Math – Teacher of the Year
- Mrs. Cheryl Osborne – Counseling Secretary – Support Employee of the Year
- Each student has their own HCPS Google account. It is important that your child remember their username and password for the first days of school in the fall. If your child has used Google this year please write down this information some place safe so that they are ready to begin the school year in September.
- Patrick Henry High School will recognize senior Eagle Scouts and Gold Award recipients at our Senior Awards Night.
- Please email Mrs. Roane in the Counseling Center at firstname.lastname@example.org if your son or daughter is a senior Eagle Scout or Gold Award recipient so that we can include them in the program. Congratulations to our seniors who have earned these fine accomplishments!
- Senior Awards Night: Hanover Scholars Ceremony and Scholarship Awards Ceremony Save the Date!
- Thursday, June 1, 2017 – Patrick Henry’s Webb Auditorium
- Hanover Scholars will be honored for their academic accomplishments starting at 5:30pm. (Students line up in New Gym at 5:10pm.)
- A reception sponsored by HEF will begin immediately after the ceremony at 6:15pm.
- Scholarship Award Recipients will be honored during a ceremony beginning at 7:00pm. (Students line up in New Gym at 6:40pm.)
- Parents will be sent a letter the week of May 10 if their child has been chosen as a scholarship recipient.
- Students should be present at the Senior Awards Night ceremonies and need to wear their caps and gowns. If the senior is a Hanover Scholar or Scholarship recipient and cannot make these ceremonies please email Ms. Konrad at email@example.com as soon as possible! You can also leave a message at 365-8025.
- Parents and proud family members are invited and encouraged to attend!
IB Exam Information
- Please see attached for an updated IB exam schedule and locations
- Patriot Camp for Rising PHreshmen and PHuture Patriot Parents will be held on August 17, 2017 from 9 AM to 12 PM. Registration is now open for this exciting event. This year, the Counseling Center and PH Administration have added a concurrent parent program with pertinent high school information and an opportunity to pay for school fees early. Please plan to join us for a fun-filled day including tours, games, and more. Visit www.tinyurl.com/PHPatriotCamp to register today. RSVP required to participate.
- Please send attached flyer.
School Counseling Information
- The PH Counseling Center now has a Twitter account! Follow them @PH_Counseling to receive up-to-date information on upcoming deadlines, dates, and pertinent information. Parents, students, and faculty members are all welcome to follow us
- Want to earn college credit while taking a class required for high school graduation? Join Longwood University on Tuesday, May 9th at The Hanover Center for Trades and Technology at 5:30 to learn more about their online summer Economics and Personal Finance course!” Please contact your school counselor for more information and see attachment
- Hanover County Summer School Registration opens on Monday, May 1, 2017 and will remain open until June 21, 2017. Registration for online courses will close early on June 2, 2017. All Hanover County students are required to sign up through the online registration form this year. Summer School will run from June 26 to August 9 and will be held at Hanover High School. Sign up early to secure your spot as classes do fill up quickly. For more information and to register, please visit:https://sites.google.com/hcps.us/summerschool/secondary-information?authuser=0.
- The Caron Treatment Center’s Student Assistance Program is hosting a parent workshop on helping students to be resilient against substance use. This program, Parenting Resources and Education for Parents: A Community Discussion, will be held May 23 from 7:00 – 8:30 pm at Northstar Community, 563 Southlake Blvd, Richmond, VA 23236. There is no cost to attend. Refreshments will be provided. Interested participants may RSVP to Vanessa Fletcher at VFletcher@caron.org by May 19. For more information, please call 804-317-8935.
- Registration has begun for Longwood University’s Dual Enrollment Economics and Personal Finance Course! Here is the link to make registration as easy as possible for any students interested in taking this course: https://www.applyweb.com/cgi-bin/app?s=lwud. Check out this informational video and please email Marissa Brunner (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Danielle Hennessey (email@example.com) with any questions.”
- “Do you have questions on how to pay for college? Check out the Guide to Paying for College – Financial Aid, Scholarships, Savings, & Student Loans. This guide includes 6 steps in total, including The Cost of College, The Steps to Paying for College, Financial Aid, Scholarships & Grants, College Savings Accounts, and Student Loans.”
Summer Programs and Scholarships
- Students, check out the great summer programs, career exploration programs and leadership opportunities on the Announcements page of the Career Center website!
- The FBI Richmond Youth Academy for juniors and seniors will be held July 17 and July 18, 2017 at the Richmond Field Office. During the academy, students will be provided an overview of the FBI’s mission and operations. Application Deadline is May 31. For more information, click on these links: FBI Youth Academy Release and FBI Youth Academy Application.
Substance Use Prevention
- Substance Use Prevention Education Blog: Check out this week’s post for an article about the impacts of marijuana legalization at www.boldwithprevention.blogspot.com
- Youth Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention Project (YADAPP) Summer Conference Opportunity: For more information on an opportunity to attend a conference at Longwood University and work on community prevention projects throughout the year with Hanover Cares, CLICK HERE. Rising 9th-12th graders are eligible. Applications are available at www.hanover-cares.org/yadapp.html and the deadline has been extended to May 8th!!!
- Pre-Prom week at PHHS is 5/8 – 5/12!!! The 7th UP program will be sponsoring activities throughout the week to encourage students to stay safe this prom. Check out these TIPS for both parents and students to help keep it safe this season!
- For all the latest updates on Patrick Henry Athletic Teams and accomplishments click here.
|PHHS Shout Out
PHHS Events May 8th- May 13th
For the full list of events at Patrick Henry click here
Monday May 8th
|Boys and Girls Varsity Tennis Conference Tournament||TBA|
Tuesday May 9th
|JV Baseball at Varina||6:00PM|
|Varsity Baseball and Softball at Patrick Henry||6:00PM|
|Girls JV and Varsity Soccer at Varina||6:00PM and 7:30PM|
|Boys JV and Varsity Soccer at Patrick Henry||6:00PM and 7:30PM|
|School Board Meeting at School Board Office||7:00PM|
Wednesday May 10th
|Boys Varsity Tennis Conference Tournament||TBD|
|Varsity Softball and Baseball at Glen Allen||6:00PM|
|JV Softball and Baseball at Patrick Henry||6:00PM|
|JV and Varsity Boys Soccer at Glen Allen||6:00PM and 7:30PM|
|Girls JV and Varsity Soccer at Patrick Henry||6:00PM and 7:30PM|
Thursday May 11th
|Boys JV and Varsity Lacrosse at Atlee||6:00PM and 7:30PM|
|Girls JV and Varsity Lacrosse at Patrick Henry||5:30PM and 7:00PM|
Friday May 12th
|Interim Grades Distributed|
|Music in the Park in the Auditorium and New Gym|
|Boys Varsity Tennis Conference Tournament||TBD|
|JV Softball Double Header at Patrick Henry
5:00 Game rescheduled from 4-21
|5:00PM and 6:00PM|
|Boys and Girls JV Soccer at Patrick Henry||6:00PM and 7:30PM|
|Boys and Girls Varsity Soccer at Atlee||6:00PM and 7:30PM|
|Varsity Baseball and Softball at Atlee||7:00PM|
Saturday May 13th
|Prom at Thalhimer Pavilion, Science Museum of Virginia||7:00PM – 11:00PM|