Below, please find a preview of the week to come as well as a few reminders & highlights:
- Seniors who did not pick up their caps and gowns this week can pick them up from Mrs. Nuckols or Mrs. Flinchbaugh between classes or during Flex Blocks.
- Attention Seniors Joining the Military! Hanover County Public Schools wants to honor you at a ceremony on May 19, called “Hanover Salutes”. Please schedule an appointment to see your Career Counselor, Mrs. Konrad, as soon as possible and before April 7. Ms. Konrad can also be reached at 365-8025 Thursdays, Fridays and alternating Wednesdays or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Patrick Henry High School will recognize senior Eagle Scouts and Gold Award recipients at our Spring Awards program.
- Please email Mrs. Roane in the Counseling Center at email@example.com if your son or daughter is a senior Eagle Scout or Gold Award recipient so that we can include them in the program. Congratulations to our seniors who have earned these fine accomplishments!
- Senior Awards Night: Hanover Scholars Ceremony and Scholarship Awards Ceremony Save the Date!
- Thursday, June 1, 2017 – Patrick Henry’s Webb Auditorium
- Hanover Scholars will be honored for their academic accomplishments starting at 5:30pm. (Students line up in New Gym at 5:10pm.)
- A reception sponsored by HEF will begin immediately after the ceremony at 6:15pm.
- Scholarship Award Recipients will be honored during a ceremony beginning at 7:00pm. (Students line up in New Gym at 6:40pm.)
- Parents will be sent a letter the week of May 10 if their child has been chosen as a scholarship recipient.
- If the senior has received a scholarship award from the college they will attend or an outside organization not related to PHHS, the student must bring a copy of the official award letter to the School Counseling office confirming the scholarship no later than May 5 if they want to be acknowledged for it during the Scholarship Awards Ceremony. The student will be called to the stage during the ceremony to be acknowledged for the award.
- Students should be present at the Senior Awards Night ceremonies and need to wear their caps and gowns. If the senior is a Hanover Scholar or Scholarship recipient and cannot make these ceremonies please email Ms. Konrad at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible! You can also leave a message at 365-8025.
- Parents and proud family members are invited and encouraged to attend!
- Students must complete the Hanover Scholar Information Google Form https://goo.gl/forms/mgfcoyJ82dZZ3tgB2 by May 5.
Summer Programs and Scholarships
- Students, check out the great summer programs, career exploration programs and leadership opportunities on the Announcements page of the Career Center website!
- Seniors if you are looking for money for college, there are new scholarship postings on the Scholarship page on the Career Center website. Check out these Scholarship Opportunities:
- April 20th – For PHHS Students planning to attend VCU – Gabriel Pearce Memorial Scholarship – $1,000 and $2,000.
Voter Registration Drive
- On April 5th and 6th, Patrick Henry will be holding a voter registration drive for students during all four lunches. This registration drive is part of “The Governor’s Challenge in High School Voter Registration” in which high schools across the Commonwealth provide an opportunity for eligible voters to register. Student participation is voluntary. Voting is an integral part of our representative democracy and you are encouraged to talk to your child about their participation in this process. For more information about the challenge please click the following link: https://governor.virginia.gov/newsroom/newsarticle?articleId=16826.
- In order to register, students will need to be 18 years old by November 7, 2017 and know their Social Security Number. If you have any questions about this process please e-mail Kristina Godbey at email@example.com.
Community Cleanup Day – April 22nd
- This year Patrick Henry to going to hold their first annual community clean up to help beautify the outside of the school building and clean up areas that are commonly seen as visitors, students and teachers enter the school.
- This is designed as a day to remove and clean out the school and to create a “clean slate” for additions in the future.
- Please consider joining us on Saturday April 22nd from 10-12 to help with the clean up. Students who participate in the clean up will receive community service hours and possibly points for their club.
- Please see attached flyer for more information as well as a google form that can be used for sign up. We hope to see everyone out there on April 22nd.
Substance Use Prevention
- Substance Use Prevention Education Blog: What common household products do teens use to get high? Get tips on how to TEENproof your home!
- TV 99 is currently accepting applications for 2017-2018 interns to work in TV production to produce news, sports, public service announcements and short films for Hanover County. Please see the attached flyer for details on this great opportunity for our students. You can also see Mrs. Reynolds or your school counselor for more information. Applications are due by April 17.
- For all the latest updates on Patrick Henry Athletic Teams and accomplishments click here.
|PHHS Shout Out
PHHS Events April 3rd – April 7th
For the full list of events at Patrick Henry click here
Monday April 3rd
|Girls Varsity Tennis at Armstrong||4:30PM|
|Varsity Boys Tennis at Patrick Henry||4:30PM|
|Boys JV and Varsity Lacrosse at Patrick Henry||5:30PM and 7:30PM|
|JV Softball and Baseball at Glen Allen||6:00PM|
|Girls Varsity Lacrosse at Massaponax||6:00PM|
Tuesday April 4th
|JV Baseball at Patrick Henry||6:00PM|
|Girls JV and Varsity Soccer at Henrico||6:00PM and 7:30PM|
|Boys and Girls Outdoor Track meet at Varina||5:00PM|
|Boys JV Lacrosse at Patrick Henry||6:00PM|
|School Board Meeting at SBO||7:00PM|
Wednesday April 5th
|Boys Varsity Tennis at Atlee||4:30PM|
|Girls Varsity Tennis at Patrick Henry||4:30PM|
|Boys and Girls Varsity Track Meet at Lee Davis||5:00PM|
|Boys JV and Varsity Lacrosse at Patrick Henry||5:30PM and 7:00PM|
|JV Baseball at Louisa||6:00PM|
|JV Softball at Lee Davis||6:30PM|
|Girls JV and Varsity Lacrosse||6:00PM and 7:30PM|
Thursday April 6th
|Boys Varsity Tennis at Caroline||4:30PM|
|Boys JV and Varsity and Girls Varsity Soccer at Patrick Henry||4:45PM. 6:00PM and 7:30PM|
|JV Baseball at Lee Davis||5:00PM|
|Varsity Softball and Baseball at Patrick Henry||6:00PM|
|NJROTC Change of Command in the Auditorium||6:00PM|
Friday April 7th
|Early School Closing/ Staff Professional Development||1:15PM|
|Report Card Distribution|