Below, please find a preview of the week to come as well as a few reminders & highlights:
- Jostens will be distributing announcements and caps and gowns on Wednesday, March 29th & Thursday March 30th during all four lunches. Orders can be placed online at http://www.jostens.com or by calling 1-800-JOSTENS.
- Patrick Henry High School will recognize senior Eagle Scouts and Gold Award recipients at our Spring Awards program.
- Please email Mrs. Roane in the Counseling Center at firstname.lastname@example.org if your son or daughter is a senior Eagle Scout or Gold Award recipient so that we can include them in the program. Congratulations to our seniors who have earned these fine accomplishments!
- Senior Awards Night: Hanover Scholars Ceremony and Scholarship Awards Ceremony Save the Date!
- Thursday, June 1, 2017 – Patrick Henry’s Webb Auditorium
- Hanover Scholars will be honored for their academic accomplishments starting at 5:30pm. (Students line up in New Gym at 5:10pm.)
- A reception sponsored by HEF will begin immediately after the ceremony at 6:15pm.
- Scholarship Award Recipients will be honored during a ceremony beginning at 7:00pm. (Students line up in New Gym at 6:40pm.)
- Parents will be sent a letter the week of May 10 if their child has been chosen as a scholarship recipient.
- If the senior has received a scholarship award from the college they will attend or an outside organization not related to PHHS, the student must bring a copy of the official award letter to the School Counseling office confirming the scholarship no later than May 5 if they want to be acknowledged for it during the Scholarship Awards Ceremony. The student will be called to the stage during the ceremony to be acknowledged for the award.
- Students should be present at the Senior Awards Night ceremonies and need to wear their caps and gowns. If the senior is a Hanover Scholar or Scholarship recipient and cannot make these ceremonies please email Ms. Konrad at email@example.com as soon as possible! You can also leave a message at 365-8025.
- Parents and proud family members are invited and encouraged to attend!
- Students must complete the Hanover Scholar Information Google Form https://goo.gl/forms/mgfcoyJ82dZZ3tgB2 by May 5
Summer Programs and Scholarships
- Students, check out the great summer programs, career exploration programs and leadership opportunities on the Announcements page of the Career Center website!
- Seniors if you are looking for money for college, there are new scholarship postings on the Scholarship page on the Career Center website. Check out these Scholarship Opportunities:
- March 31 – Austin Brown Pleasants, Thomas L. Purvis, VSU Alumni, James River Air, J.K. Samples and other scholarships due.
- March 31 – James River Air Scholarship Applications Due
- March 31 – Thomas L. Purvis Memorial Scholarship Applications due for athletes who are active in their community with a 3.0GPA
- April 20th – For PHHS Students planning to attend VCU – Gabriel Pearce Memorial Scholarship – $1,000 and $2,000.
ATTENTION SOPHOMORES, JUNIORS & SENIORS!
- The Jostens representative will be back in school on Thursday, March 30th during lunch to help with placing class jewelry orders. If you did not place your order with your class and are still interested in purchasing class jewelry, please make sure you stop by and see the Jostens representative on this day!
- Sophomores, this is your final in school opportunity to order your class jewelry with the Jostens representative and be guaranteed delivery with your class in the spring for the class ring ceremony. Come share your story and create a keepsake that will last forever!
- Don’t forget: If you wish to order, stop by and see Jostens on Thursday, March 30th during lunches!
Substance Use Prevention
- Substance Use Prevention Education Blog: Learn about all of the parent resources on the updated Partnership for Drug-Free Kids website!
- TV 99 is currently accepting applications for 2017-2018 interns to work in TV production to produce news, sports, public service announcements and short films for Hanover County. Please see the attached flyer for details on this great opportunity for our students. You can also see Mrs. Reynolds or your school counselor for more information. Applications are due by April 17
- For all the latest updates on Patrick Henry Athletic Teams and accomplishments click here.
|PHHS Shout Out
PHHS Events March 27th -March 31st
For the full list of events at Patrick Henry click here
Monday March 27th
|Girls Varsity Tennis at Henrico||4:30PM|
|Varsity Boys Tennis at Patrick Henry||4:30PM|
|Girls and Boys Varsity Lacrosse at Patrick Hermitage||6:00 and 7:30PM|
|JV Softball at Louisa||6:00Pm|
Tuesday March 28th
|Cap and Gown Delivery During Lunches||11:55AM – 1:45PM|
|JV Baseball at Patrick Henry||6:00PM|
|Girls JV and Varsity Soccer at Patrick Henry||6:00PM and 7:30PM|
|Boys JV and Varsity Soccer at Varina||6:00PM and 7:30PM|
|Varsity Softball and Baseball at Varina||6:00PM
Wednesday March 29th
|Cap and Gown Delivery During all Lunches||11:55AM-1:45PM|
|Boys Varsity Tennis at Patrick Henry||4:30PM|
|Girls Varsity Tennis at Lee-Davis||4:30PM|
|JV Softball and Baseball at Caroline||5:00PM|
|Varsity Softball and Baseball at Patrick Henry||6:00PM|
|Boys and Girls Varsity Track Meet at Lee Davis||5:00PM|
|Girls Varsity Lacrosse at Patrick Henry||6:00PM|
|Boys JV and Varsity Lacrosse at Massaponax||5:30PM and 7:00PM|
Thursday March 30th
|Boys JV and Varsity Lacrosse at Patrick Henry||5:30 and 7:00PM|
|Girls JV and Varsity Lacrosse at Hanover||5:30PM and 7:00PM|
Friday March 31st
|Early School Closing – End of the Nine Weeks||1:15PM|
|Girls Varsity Tennis at Mountain View||4:30PM|
|Boys Varsity Tennis at Patrick Henry||4:30PM|
|JV Baseball at Hanover||5:00PM|
|Varsity Baseball and Softball at Patrick Henry||6:00PM|
|Boys JV and Boys and Girls Varsity Soccer at Patrick Henry||4:45PM, 6:15PM and 7:30PM|