Below, please find a preview of the week to come as well as a few reminders & highlights:
Course Verification Sheets/Interims
- On Friday, March 3, interim reports and course verification sheets will be distributed to students through PHlex block.
- Please review your child’s course requests with them, sign the form, and send it back to school with your child to turn in on March 7 during PHlex.
- Please sign and return the form regardless if changes are being made or not.
- Correct course requests for the 17-18 school year will assist us in providing the most appropriate and balanced sections of courses for our Patriots. Course changes will not be considered after August 11, 2017.
ATTENTION SOPHOMORES, JUNIORS & SENIORS!
- The Jostens representative will be back in school on Thursday, March 9thduring lunch to help with placing class jewelry orders. If you did not place your order with your class and are still interested in purchasing class jewelry, please make sure you stop by and see the Jostens representative on this day!
- Sophomores, this is your final in school opportunity to order your class jewelry with the Jostens representative and be guaranteed delivery with your class in the spring for the class ring ceremony. Come share your story and create a keepsake that will last forever!
- Don’t forget: If you wish to order, stop by and see Jostens on Thursday, March 9th during lunches!
VPN’s and Cell Phones
- According to Hanover County Policy, students are expected to use the Hanover Wireless network for school purposes only.
- A violation of this can result in disciplinary consequences. This includes students downloading and using VPN’s (virtual private networks).
- Using a personal electronic device while in school for personal purposes may result in loss of access to the network and loss of use of their device during school hours.
Power School Passwords
- If students need their PowerSchool password reset, they can stop by the PHHS library any time or send an email to Mrs. Lent (email@example.com) and she will meet with the student to update it.
- Seniors, the following is important information about graduation:
- The distribution of Graduation announcements and Cap and gown will be coming up very soon by Jostens on Wednesday, March 29th and Thursday, March 30th!
- If you have already placed your order please make sure your balance is paid in full no later than March 17th.
- If you have not ordered your school required items as this point, you will need to order these by March 6th to guarantee that it will arrive by the in school delivery event. Orders can be placed online at Jostens.com or you can call in your order by contacting 1800 Jostens.
- See PHHS website for important dates and other details
- Patrick Henry High School will recognize senior Eagle Scouts and Gold Award recipients at our Spring Awards program.
- Please email Mrs. Roane in the Counseling Center at firstname.lastname@example.org if your son or daughter is a senior Eagle Scout or Gold Award recipient so that we can include them in the program. Congratulations to our seniors who have earned these fine accomplishments!
Paying For College Seminar
- Hanover County Parks & Recreation would like to announce their upcoming course: Little-Known Secrets of Paying for College. This class will teach you how to send your children to the college of their dreams without bankrupting your retirement. You will discover strategies that may enable you to qualify for financial aid, sources for scholarships and strategies for minimizing your tax exposure, giving you greater cash flow for funding a college education.
- Little-Known Secrets of Paying for College
- Course #6239– Wednesday, Mar 8th 6:30 PM-8:30 PM
- Oak Knoll Middle School
- Tuition Fees $25 Spouse can attend for free.
- Register online at www.hanoverparksrec.com
- For additional information contact Hanover County Parks & Recreation or email:email@example.com
- Liberty Middle School and Patrick Henry High School will host the next workshop in the Connecting Families-Helping Parents Connect with their Children’s Digital Lives series for parents and guardians of students attending Hanover County Public Schools on Monday March 13th from 6:30pm-8:30pm at LMS in the Library.
- The goal of the series is to support families in raising kids who think critically, participate responsibly, and behave ethically in their digital lives. The program materials were developed by Common Sense Education and are endorsed by the National PTA. This workshop focuses on Digital Drama – how kids experience social drama online; and different forms of digital drama, including fake pages, impersonation, and subtweeting
Summer Programs and Scholarships
- Students, check out the great summer programs, career exploration programs and leadership opportunities on the Announcements page of the Career Center website!
- Seniors if you are looking for money for college, there are new scholarship postings on the Scholarship page on the Career Center website. Check out these Scholarship Opportunities:
- February 27 – Rappahannock Electric Cooperative LEARN Scholarship ( 16 – $1000)
- March 1 – Society of Women Engineers RVA Scholarship $1,000
- March 2 – Montpelier Ruritan Club Scholarship – 4 – $500
- March 2 – Community Foundation Scholarships – over 65 scholarships varying awards
- March 10 – Hanover Chamber of Commerce Scholarship – $1,000
- March 10 – South Anna Elementary School PTA Scholarship – 2 @ $500
- March 14 – Bank Day Scholarship – several scholarships up to $2,500, $5,000, $1,000
- March 17 – Virginia School Counselor Scholarship – $1,000
- March 31 – Austin Brown Pleasants, Thomas L. Purvis, VSU Alumni, James River Air, J.K. Samples and other scholarships due.
Substance Use Prevention
- Substance Use Prevention Education Blog
- “Chasing the Dragon” screening & discussion (Feb 27): Gain information about prevention and resources related to the opioid epidemic from those in the community who see the effects daily. RSVP HERE.
- Hidden in Plain Sight…To snoop or not to snoop (March 13): Parents will learn how to identify drug paraphernalia and indicators of substance use, as well as get tips on how to effectively talk to their children and locate resources. RSVP HERE.
- 7th UP & SODA applications are available! Current freshman, sophomores and juniors who are interested in serving as substance-free role models and leaders are encouraged to apply! Selected students will teach substance use prevention lessons to elementary and middle school students. Applications and teacher recommendations are due on March 7th.
- JROTC will have a fundraiser on April 19th at VCC Buffalo Wild Wings from 5pm until 8pm where the cadets will earn 15% of food proceeds with valid receipt.
- To keep up to date with latest JRTOC news and events click here
- For all the latest updates on Patrick Henry Athletic Teams and accomplishments click here.
|SCA Officer Applications
PHHS Events February 27th – March 3rd
For the full list of events at Patrick Henry click here
Monday February 27th
|No after school sporting events|
Tuesday February 28th
|Boys JV and Varsity Soccer Scrimmage vs. Cosby at River City Sportsplex||3:00PM|
|Girls JV and Varsity Soccer Scrimmage at Patrick Henry||5:00PM and 6:30PM|
Wednesday March 1st
|Girls JV and Varsity Lacrosse Scrimmage vs. Cosby at River City Sportsplex||5:30PM and 7:30PM|
|Boys JV and Varsity Lacrosse Scrimmage at Patrick Henry||6:00PM and 7:00PM|
Thursday March 2nd
|All Star Basketball Game||10:15AM|
|JV and Varsity Baseball Scrimmage at Patrick Henry||4:15PM and 6:00PM|
Friday March 3rd
|CVSCI Show Choir Competition||TBD|
|Interim Report Cards and Course Verification Distributed||11:15AM|
Saturday March 4th
|CVSCI Show Choir Competition||TBD|
|Patrick Henry Softball Camp||8:30AM – 4:00PM|