Below, please find a preview of the week to come as well as a few reminders & highlights:
Paying For College Seminar
- Hanover County Parks & Recreation would like to announce their upcoming course: Little-Known Secrets of Paying for College. This class will teach you how to send your children to the college of their dreams without bankrupting your retirement. You will discover strategies that may enable you to qualify for financial aid, sources for scholarships and strategies for minimizing your tax exposure, giving you greater cash flow for funding a college education.
- Little-Known Secrets of Paying for College
- Course #6239– Wednesday, Mar 8th 6:30 PM-8:30 PM
- Oak Knoll Middle School
- Tuition Fees $25 Spouse can attend for free.
- Register online at www.hanoverparksrec.com
- For additional information contact Hanover County Parks & Recreation or email: email@example.com
- Attention Sophomore Parents and Students: We are approaching the time when Jostens will be in school to talk with the students about ordering a Class Ring/piece of Class Jewelry. This message is simply to notify you of the important dates approaching to help you prepare best.
- Class Ring Meeting with the Class of 2019 in the auditorium (informational meeting where packets of information are provided to each student for ordering) on Friday, February 17th during Flex
- In School ordering opportunities:
- Tuesday, February 21st and Wednesday, February 22nd During Lunch in the cafeteria
- Family Shopping night/ordering opportunity:
- Wednesday, February 22nd from 4:00pm-7:00pm in the Front Lobby of the school
- Mark your calendars now! All it takes is a $50 deposit to place your order- payment in full is due upon delivery! Date and Time of Delivery TBA.
- Design your Class Ring/Jewelry online now at www.jostens.com
- Parent Teacher Conferences are occurring on Feb. 23rd. See Attachment for more information.
- The first student-run Hanover County Model Congress will be held on Saturday, March 4, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at AHS.
- Students may serve as delegates or committee chairs. Parent volunteers are appreciated. Cost is $20 per student (lunch included).
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. RSVP by Monday, February 20.
Update on Course Registration
- The Counseling Center has been working diligently to meet with all 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students to choose courses for next school year.
- Each student will meet individually with their counselor in order to discuss current academic progress, post-secondary plans, and courses for next year. During this meeting, each student will receive a Course Registration Worksheet to include teacher recommendations and course requests. Each student will bring home a Course Registration Worksheet to be signed by a parent and returned to their PHlex block.
- Please refer to the Course Request Timeline for more details and important links.
Summer Programs and Scholarships
- Students, check out the great summer programs, career exploration programs and leadership opportunities on the Announcements page of the Career Center website!
- Seniors if you are looking for money for college, there are new scholarship postings on the Scholarship page on the Career Center website. Check out these Scholarship Opportunities:
- Deadline Amount Scholarship
- February 17th 2@$1000 Rockville Ruritan Scholarship Senior, Rockville or
- March 31 $1,000 Austin Brown Pleasants Academics, Activities, Essay
- March 31 $3,000 J.K. Samples, HEF 2.0 GPA, Citizenship, Activities, Essay
- March 31 $1,000 Thomas L. Purvis Scholar Athlete, Work Ethic, Activities, Leadership, Essay
Substance Use Prevention
- Substance Use Prevention Education Blog: http://boldwithprevention.blogspot.com/. This week’s blog post provides resources to help you talk to your kids about drugs and alcohol, particularly marijuana. Be sure to RSVP if you are interested in the following event!
- “Chasing the Dragon” screening
Monday, February 27th 7-8:30pm
First Baptist Church (Ellis Hall), Ashland
Hanover Cares Coalition would like to invite you to a FREE screening of the documentary “Chasing the Dragon: The Life of an Opiate Addict”, followed by a question and answer session on the danger of prescription opioids and heroin in our community. Panelists will include Dr. Jeffrey Reihl (Hanover Emergency Center), Rosalind Watkins (JHW Foundation and a parent who lost her son to addiction), and Chandra Bailey (Hanover Community Services). Come learn about specific Hanover County data, what you can do to prevent substance abuse in your family or community, and available resources. All are welcome!
Seating is limited to 200. Reserve a spot by registering for FREE on Eventbrite: Chasing the Dragon
Visual Arts Recognition
- The Visual Arts Department is pleased to announce that the following students have achieved regional recognition for their art and writing in this year’s national Scholastics Art and Writing competition. Over 330,000 students entered this year and our 4 Gold Key winners are to be judged on a national level and are eligible for $1,000 to $10,000 scholarships that are matched by Universities. This is an outstanding achievement. Please make sure to congratulate the following 22 students for this accomplishment.
- Deann Andrews Silver Key Photography Esprit Patrick Henry High School Deann Andrews Silver Key Art Portfolio Epikos Patrick Henry High School Deann Andrews Silver Key Photography Promised Nirvana Patrick Henry High School
- Matthew Boyd Silver Key Photography Hamster Head Patrick Henry High School
- Emma Butterworth Silver Key Drawing and Illustration Thin Lipped Blues Patrick Henry High School
- Jeremy Carter Honorable Mention Art Portfolio trip through my mind Patrick Henry High School
- Jessie-Lynn Conner Honorable Mention Mixed Media Reflection Patrick Henry High School
- Hailey Draper Silver Key Drawing and Illustration Overtaken Patrick Henry High School
- Joshua Ferrell Gold Key Photography Come Join Me Patrick Henry High School
- Maddy Gravely Honorable Mention Photography The Butterfly Man Patrick Henry High School
- Hannah Hobson Gold Key Photography Relaxation Patrick Henry High School Hannah Hobson Honorable Mention Photography The Working Class Patrick Henry High School
- Erika Kurtzweil Honorable Mention Photography Ghost Town Patrick Henry High School
- Kayla McCreary Honorable Mention Photography the roots of a problem Patrick Henry High School Kayla McCreary Honorable Mention Photography bitter sweet Patrick Henry High School
- Ashley Mills Gold Key Photography Blind Patrick Henry High School Ashley Mills Silver Key Photography Lonely Patrick Henry High School Ashley Mills Honorable Mention Photography Bunny Patrick Henry High School Ashley Mills Silver Key Photography Southern Life Patrick Henry High School
- Ilaria Morris Honorable Mention Photography Black and White Film Portrait Patrick Henry High School
- Kaitlyn Murray Silver Key Photography Run The World Patrick Henry High School
- Adela Novak Honorable Mention Photography Open Patrick Henry High School
- Lexi Scott Honorable Mention Mixed Media M.I.A. Patrick Henry High School
- Wesley Smith Honorable Mention Drawing and Illustration Shock Patrick Henry High School
- Jane Wallingford Honorable Mention Comic Art Kings in the Nude Patrick Henry High School
- Brendan White Silver Key Drawing and Illustration Dusk Patrick Henry High School
- Benjamin Greennagel Honorable Mention Poetry Golden Antiques Patrick Henry High Schoo
- Abby Smallwood Gold Key Poetry Mammary Patrick Henry High School Abby Smallwood Honorable Mention Poetry Zoo Patrick Henry High School
- Evan Woody Honorable Mention Poetry To Serve and Neglect Patrick Henry High School
Senior Awards Information
- Patrick Henry High School will recognize senior Eagle Scouts and Gold Award recipients at our Spring Awards program.
- Please email Mrs. Roane in the Counseling Center at email@example.com if your son or daughter is a senior Eagle Scout or Gold Award recipient so that we can include them in the program. Congratulations to our seniors who have earned these fine accomplishments!
- JROTC will have a fundraiser on April 19th at VCC Buffalo Wild Wings from 5pm until 8pm where the cadets will earn 15% of food proceeds with valid receipt.
- To keep up to date with latest JRTOC news and events click here
- For all the latest updates on Patrick Henry Athletic Teams and accomplishments click here.
|PHHS SHARE OUT
PHHS Events February 13th- February 16th
For the full list of events at Patrick Henry click here
Monday February 13th
|Boys and Girls Indoor Track at Prince George||TBD|
Tuesday February 14th
|PH Baseball Camp||6:00PM|
|School Board Meeting
School Board Office
Wednesday February 15th
|Dress Rehearsal for One Acts||4:00PM|
|PH Baseball Camp||6:00PM|
Thursday February 16th
|PH Baseball Camp||6:00PM|
Friday February 17th
|Sophomore Ring Assembly in the Auditorium||11:25AM|