- On Tuesday, November 15th, PHHS Boys’ Volleyball Team competed in the State Semifinals and WON and will now progress to the State Finals and will represent Hanover in a match that could bring home a state title!
- PHHS has not advanced to a state final level in MANY, MANY years, and we have not brought home a state championship in ANY sport since 1994.
- The State Finals will be played at the Siegel Center on Thursday, November 17th at 3 PM.
In preparation for this EXCITING OPPORTUNITY, several of us began planning behind the scenes early Saturday morning in hopes of tonight’s win.
On Sunday evening, I submitted a request and proposal to county leadership for an approved field trip for our students to attend to support our team! I am excited to announce that this field trip has been approved!!! While we would love to take everyone, this is not possible. Therefore, these are the approved guidelines for those who are interested and eligible:
- This will be a school-sponsored field trip departing school at 1:45 PM (leaving class for field trip roll call at 1:30 PM) & returning to PHHS at 5:30 PM.
- For students to attend, they must:
- Be a Senior or a Junior
(Sophomores on “standby” if seats on bus are available; we will take Sophomore permission forms on first come, first serve basis for a standby list. )
- Have not failed any course for 1st Quarter.
- Obtain the Field Trip Permission Slip during breakfast AND/OR all 4 lunches on Wednesday (Sophomores may pick up permission forms in case seats are left open at end of lunches so that Juniors & Seniors get first option- see more below).
- Return signed permission form on Thursday (OR on Wednesday for those who attended Tuesday night’s game) and
- Purchase the $13 package (Field trip cost = $3 for bus ride + $10 ticket= $13).
- Provide your own transportation home upon our return to school at approximately 5:30 PM.
- We have requested three school buses, but this is not a guarantee. If we secure three buses, we will be able to take approximately 120 students.
***Seniors who have A4 Senior Release…
… who wish to ride the bus as a field trip participant MUST meet all of the above requirements and follow these guidelines; OR
…who plan to leave school as usual with their release do not have to have a completed form.
***This event is open to the public and tickets at the Siegel Center are $10 (see attached information, which includes parking lot locations on a diagram).