Below, please find a preview of the week to come as well as a few reminders & highlights:
- Parent-Teacher conferences are coming up on Oct. 27th from 1:45-6:45 PM and Monday Nov. 7th from 8:30-11:30AM
- Please complete the form and return to Mrs. Osborne by Tuesday, Oct 25th. You may drop off the form, fax it to 804-365-8027, or email to email@example.com.
PTSA Reflections Program
- Do you like to dance, produce a film, write a poem or story, compose a song, take a picture or create a piece of visual art? This year’s PTA Reflections theme is “What Is Your Story? Tell us your story. PTA Reflections welcomes students of all abilities to explore their inner artist. You don’t need to be in an arts class to participate! Pick up a PTA Reflections Entry Form from the front office at Patrick Henry, visit vapta.org/arts-and-education/reflections for official rules and get creative! Submit your entry by November 1st.
- Questions? Please contact the PTA Reflections Representative Mrs. Cheryl Herbert at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To maintain the privacy of all applicants, sealed student notification letters were delivered to all applicants during the last 20 minutes of the last block class on Friday Oct. 21st
- Each letter had a seal over the enclosure with a message directing the student to open the letter after school and at home so that students could process their news the way that best fits the individual.
- Students who had afternoon classes at Hanover HS, Hanover Trade or Senior Release were delivered their notification letters during their last block of the day at PHHS.
- Students who were not present in class for the delivery may stop by School Counseling first thing Monday Morning before school to pick up letters. Beginning in the first block, remaining letters will be delivered to students.
Spirit Bus for Friday Oct. 28th Football Game
- Patrick Henry Football has a fantastic 7-1 record with an amazing and spirited student section that is there to cheer on our team each week!
- Because of our growing student section, PHHS will be offering a spirit bus to the football game on Friday when the Patriots travel to Highland Springs.
- Tickets will be $10 and students will be provided pizza and a drink after school before heading out to the game. The bus will then bring students back to PH after the game.
- Tickets will be on sale Wednesday – Friday during all 4 lunches.
- HCPS is hosting an Education Expo to help students and their parents learn more about opportunities in high school and plan for the future. This seminar will be most helpful for eighth and ninth graders.
- The Education Expo will be held on the following date: Click here for more details
Thursday, November 3, at 6:00 p.m.
Patrick High School
5:30 -6:30 p.m. Free Dinner
- A letter was given to students on Friday Oct. 21st during PHlex block inviting our community veterans and their student to a celebration honoring our veterans on Friday Nov. 11th.
- Student, parent or veteran need to RSVP By Oct. 28th.
- See attached letter for details on how to RSVP.
Patrick Henry High School’s Brick Dedication
- This is an annual ceremony sponsored by HEF since 2012 that serves to honor families of former Patriot students, graduates and staff members whom we have lost.
- This event will be held on Friday, November 4th at 2PM in the Memorial Garden in the center of the front lawn at PHHS.
- Kept fairly low key in the past, we feel this event is an important and special opportunity to share as an extended PPHS community and invite any interested and available community members, parents, grandparents, students and staff to join us to honor past Patriots.
- We have a 1:15PM early release in Hanover on this day, so the parking lot will be bustling. Please plan accordingly for your time and travels so you may be seated by the 2PM start.
- We thank Addison Jones and the Hanover Education Foundation for their organization of this event.
PHHS Events October 21st – 28th
Friday October 21st
|Varsity Football at Patrick Henry
Pink Out Game
PATRIOTS WIN!!!! 7-1!
Monday October 24th
|Field Hockey Conference Tournament||TBD|
|Fall SOL Testing|
Tuesday October 25th
|Boys and Girls Cross Country vs. Albemarle at Panorama Farms||3:00PM|
|Boys JV and Varsity Volleyball at Patrick Henry||6:00 and 7:00PM|
|Girls JV and Varsity Volleyball at Varina||6:00 and 7:00PM|
|Choir Open Rehearsal Concert in the Auditorium||7:00PM|
Wednesday October 26th
|Field Hockey Conference Tournament||TBD|
Thursday October 27th
|Student Early Release||1:15PM|
|JV Football Game at Patrick Henry||7:00PM|
Friday October 28th
|Varsity Football Game at Highland Springs
Spirit Bus to Game (see above for details)
Student Theme: Navy Out