Patrick Henry High School Science National Honor Society (SNHS) Applications are available!
This organization is dedicated to science scholarship, leadership, and service in order to promote science in both our school and our community. As a member of Science NHS, a student will actively participate in science-related events at least once per nine weeks in the community (outside of Patrick Henry) and tutoring within the school community. You must meet the minimum requirements listed below.
All applications are due on Friday, October 7th at 3:30pm to Mrs. Embrey in room 209 or Ms Scheele in room 212. Click here for the application.
- 3.75 overall GPA (weighted)
- 3.667 average GPA in all high school science classes (un-weighted)
- Junior or Senior year – currently enrolled in an AP or IB science class earning an A or a B
- If GPA or grade falls below requirements, student is put on probation and has nine weeks to pull grade back up. After that, student’s membership is revoked.
- Documentation of participation in some science extracurricular activity during any part of elementary, middle, or high school (e.g. internship, class, workshop, summer camp, VJAS, Metro Richmond, Math & Science center, Science Fair, formal or informal tutoring peers in science)
- Teacher recommendation from a previous science teacher. The teacher must put the recommendation back in my mailbox or you must provide your teachers with an envelope for the completed recommendation, which must be signed over the seal. Incomplete applications will void an applicant from being considered for membership.
We hope that you are interested in applying to the Patrick Henry High School Science National Honor Society! If you have questions or comments, please contact:
Mrs. Embrey: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Scheele: email@example.com