Below, please find a preview of the week to come as well as a few reminders & highlights:
STUDENT PARKING & AFTERNOON DISMISSAL
- Parking decals are $75 and may be purchased by LICENSED drivers that are Seniors & Juniors who have no other outstanding fee/book obligations.
- We will begin checking for student decals on Monday, September 26th.
- Students wishing to drive to school and park on campus MUST have a decal by this date. Students who park without a decal are subject to disciplinary consequences, including potential loss of this privilege. Please plan accordingly.
OTHER OPTIONS FOR TIMELY INFORMATION FROM PATRIOT NATION:
- Remind 101- Keep up with important information about grade level events with Remind. Students and parents alike may use the codes below to join based on graduation year and encourage your student to sign up so they don’t miss out! PHHS CLASS REMIND CODES:
Seniors, Class of 2017 ⚫ Text @phhsgrad17 to 81010
Juniors, Class of 2018 ⚫Text @phhsgrad18 to 81010
Sophomores, Class of 2019 ⚫ Text @phhsgrad19 to 81010
Freshmen, Class of 2020 ⚫ Text @phhsgrad20 to 81010
- Website- Our website has been reorganized and streamlined to ensure ease of info access. Check it out! http://hanover.k12.va.us/phhs
NHS and BETA
- National Honor Society applications are due on 9/30 2 PM – this is a firm application deadline
- BETA applications were distributed this week and are due on October 7th at 3:30PM. See website for details
IB Exam Information
- Registration for Juniors and Seniors enrolled in an IB level course began this week, and ends on 10/31/16. Thank you to the many parents who have already taken care of this obligation.
- If a student takes an IB level course, then s/he is required to take the IB exam in May 2017. The registration fee ($168) is paid for by Hanover County. The testing fee this year of $116.00 per subject is the responsibility of the parent/guardian. Forms were distributed to students this past week and can be found online at https://hcpsib.wordpress.com/ib-registration/
- Fees can be paid on https://www.myschoolbucks.com or with a check made payable to PHHS (Please indicate “IB Exam Fees” in the memo field). Return the registration form with payment to Mr. Eads in the IB Office (Glass Office beside Library) by 10/31/16.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mr. Eads (IB Coordinator) at email@example.com
- Fill out the PHHS School and Community Scholarship Application by 4pm on December 9 to be eligible for the many local scholarships sponsored by our community!! The PHHS Scholarship application can be found by going to the HCPS Career Center website and clicking on the “Scholarships” tab. You will need to use your school Google login to access the application.
- Don’t forget to check out the scholarship database where new scholarship opportunities are posted weekly! For more information, see Ms. Konrad in the Career Center on Thursdays and Fridays!
Hanover Cares Survey
- Students in the 10th and 12th grades were given a yellow permission slip today during our Phlex block for the Hanover Youth Survey. This survey is a partnership between HCPS and Hanover Cares and is aimed at collecting information on youth alcohol and drug use and awareness. The data collected from this survey will really be useful as we move forward and helping to prevent our youth from substance misuse. Please sign and encourage your student to participate. Copy of permission slip is attached.
School Counseling News
- The PH Counseling Center is putting together an Advisory Council to review the counseling curriculum and provide input on goals and activities. This group will meet twice a year (once in each semester). We would love to have a parent representative to provide us with the communities perspective. Please email Mr. Hurley at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested!
- The PH Counseling Center will be running a First Generation College group that will cover the college application process, how college admissions works, financial advice, and provide support and assistance to your student as they apply to college. This group is intended for students who will be the first in their family to attend college. If interested, please sign up in the Counseling Center by September 29, 2016.
PHHS Events Sept. 23rd to Sept. 30th
Friday September 23rd
|Varsity Football at Patrick Henry
Student Theme – Neon
WIN! PH is 4-0!!!!
Saturday September 24th
|Marching Band Competition at Goochland High School||2:00PM|
Monday September 26th
|JV and Varsity Field Hockey at Patrick Henry||6:00PM and 7:30PM|
Tuesday September 27th
|Varsity Field Hockey at Patrick Henry||6:00PM|
|JV and Varsity Girls Volleyball at Patrick Henry||6:00PM and 7:00PM|
|JV and Varsity Boys Volleyball at Atlee||6:00PM and 7:00PM|
Wednesday September 28th
|Boys Regional Golf Tournament at Briar Woods||TBD|
|Boys and Girls Cross Country Meet at Atlee||5:00PM|
Thursday September 29th
|JV and Varsity Girls Volleyball at Henrico||6:00PM and 7:00PM|
|Boys Varsity Volley at Patrick Henry||6:00PM|
|JV Football at Patrick Henry||7:00PM|
Friday September 30th
|Varsity Football at Hanover
Student Theme – All Black