Dear Patriot Nation,
Thank you to all who attended Back to School Night on Wednesday. It was great to see so many faces and for our parents to have this opportunity to meet our amazing teachers. Kudos to our awesome SCA Officers and Sponsors for their leadership in hosting the first-ever Patriot Pride Spirit Bus to travel to an away game! The PH student section and visitors’ side stands were much fuller as a result, and we believe this added to the WIN AGAINST GODWIN! Well done, PH Football Team!!! We hope to see you ALL at this Friday’s HOME GAME vs. Henrico HS. ALL STUDENTS are invited to participate in the PH Pride Student Tailgate on the practice softball field prior to the game. Below, please find a preview of the week to come as well as a few reminders & highlights:
STUDENT PARKING & AFTERNOON DISMISSAL
- Parking decals are $75 and may be purchased by LICENSED drivers that are Seniors & Juniors who have no other outstanding fee/book obligations.
- We will begin checking for student decals on Monday, September 26th.
- Students wishing to drive to school and park on campus MUST have a decal by this date. Students who park without a decal are subject to disciplinary consequences, including potential loss of this privilege. Please plan accordingly.
- Many thanks for the community efforts in supporting our improved and much safer dismissal procedures. Please note that students exiting the Senior Lot in the afternoon are NOT REQUIRED to exit via the access road. However, this is the only available option for safety sake in the first 7-10 minutes following dismissal. Once bus and parent pick-up traffic lightens, other avenues of exit are available.
OTHER OPTIONS FOR TIMELY INFORMATION FROM PATRIOT NATION:
- Remind 101- Keep up with important information about grade level events with Remind. Students and parents alike may use the codes below to join based on graduation year and encourage your student to sign up so they don’t miss out! PHHS CLASS REMIND CODES:
Seniors, Class of 2017 ⚫ Text @phhsgrad17 to 81010
Juniors, Class of 2018 ⚫Text @phhsgrad18 to 81010
Sophomores, Class of 2019 ⚫ Text @phhsgrad19 to 81010
Freshmen, Class of 2020 ⚫ Text @phhsgrad20 to 81010
- Website- Our website has been reorganized and streamlined to ensure ease of info access. Check it out! http://hanover.k12.va.us/phhs/
JUNIORS & SENIORS WITH A 3.5+ CUMULATIVE GPA qualify for NHS eligibility:
- Letters about the application process were delivered to relevant students on Friday. If you have any questions about the PHHS National Honor Society or the application process, please stop by rooms 111 or 428. Should your parents have any questions or concerns, they may contact Mr. Hinman or Ms. Zook by telephone at 365-8000 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and also reference info under School Forms on our website- note the 9/20 parent meeting at 6 PM and the 9/30 2 PM firm application deadline, which are both noted on the letters and announced on the website as well.
PHHS Events Sept. 16th to Sept. 23rd
Friday September 16th
|Varsity Football at Godwin
Student Theme: Totally Tiki
Monday September 19th
|Boys Varsity Golf Conference Tournament||TBD|
|JV and Varsity Field Hockey At Patrick Henry||6:00PM and 7:30PM|
Tuesday September 20th
|Fall Play Auditions in the Auditorium||3:45-6:00PM|
|NHS Parent Meeting in the Library||6:00PM|
|Boys JV and Varsity Volleyball at Patrick Henry||6:00PM and 7:00PM|
|Girls JV and Varsity Volleyball at Lee-Davis||6:00PM and 7:00PM|
Wednesday September 21st
|Fall Play Auditions in the Auditorium||3:45PM-6:00PM|
|JV and Varsity Field Hockey At Henrico||6:00PM and 7:30PM|
|Boys and Girls Cross Country Meet at Pole Green Park||5:00PM|
Thursday September 22nd
|Boys Varsity Golf at Highland Springs||4:00PM|
|Boys and Girls Varsity Volleyball at Patrick Henry||6:00PM and 7:00PM|
|JV Football at Henrico||7:00PM|
Friday September 23rd
|Varsity Football at Patrick Henry
Student Theme – Neon