Dear Patriot Nation,
I hope you are all enjoying these last few hours of summer. Now that it has flown by, it is time to prepare for the new school year ahead. While I know that picking your outfit and packing your backpack may be your top priorities, I am also guessing you may have a few other things on your mind that I hope to address below so you can relax.
SINCE I AM PICKING OUT MY OUTFITS FOR THIS WEEK, WHAT IS OUR DRESS CODE?
WHERE DO I FIND OUT WHICH BUS I RIDE?
- Also, these were published in the Herald Progress- September 5, 2016 Edition.
WHERE DOES MY PARENT DROP ME OFF/PICK ME UP?
- In the past, students have been dropped off & picked up at various doors/locations. This year, please plan to drop off and pick up in the FRONT OF SCHOOL ONLY.
- Please see this front of school diagram for all drop-off & pick up: Student Pick up/Drop Off
IF I AM A STUDENT DRIVER, WHERE DO I PARK & HOW DO I GET A PARKING DECAL?
- Parking decals are $75 and may be purchased by LICENSED drivers that are Seniors & Juniors who have no other outstanding fee/book obligations.
- A parking decal application must be picked up, filled out, signed by a parent/guardian, and submitted along with the receipt of payment in order to receive a decal. Applications are available in the front office during school hours.
- We will begin checking for student decals the third week of September.
- Seniors & Juniors will park & enter/exit in different areas. Please see the diagram linked here:
HOW DO I KNOW WHERE TO GO WHEN I GET TO SCHOOL?
- We will ALL begin our day on Tuesday, September 6th in Flex Block (formerly called Study Block). Your Flex Block class group is listed primarily by grade level and alphabetically(except NJROTC & ACA). All Flex Block assignments are linked here: Flex Block Student Class Assignments
- Administrators and teachers will be in the hallways to assist and also have posters with these listings n the lobby, Commons, and 400’s intersection for reference.
- Normally, we will have Flex Block on Tuesdays and Fridays after the second block of the day.
WHAT IS OUR SCHOOL BELL SCHEDULE LIKE, ANYWAY?
- The Flex Block change is the only schedule change you need to expect. Here is the link to our bell schedule for this year: 2016-2017 Bell Schedule
- Rather than having Study Block 5 days/week for 20 minutes, we will have Flex Block 2 days/week for 40 minutes.
- More will be explained about Flex Block and how it works during Flex Block on the first day.
WHAT ABOUT MY INDIVIDUAL SCHEDULE?
- All students will receive fresh printouts of individual schedules in Flex Block Tuesday morning.
- The freshly printed schedules will be on yellow paper to reduce confusion.
WHAT IF I AM A “TRAVELING” STUDENT GOING TO HHS Specialty Center OR Hanover Trade Center?
- Like all students on the first day, please report to Flex Block FIRST BEFORE GOING TO THE BUS RAMP. We will make announcements on the first two days to remind you of times to report to the bus ramp.
WHAT TYPE OF SCHOOL SUPPLIES DO I NEED?
- Students will receive class specific lists from teachers; however, all of the “usual suspects” apply:
- Pens: blue/black; red
WHAT ABOUT PAYING MY FEES?
- School fees are available on the PHHS website and linked here as well:
- Students may pay fees at school on the first day and throughout the first week during all 4 lunches as well as other teacher directed times.
- Additionally, parents may choose to pay fees online with MySchoolBucks: MySchoolBucks.
CAN I PUT MONEY IN MY LUNCH ACCOUNT?
- Yes, you may bring cash or check to deposit in your lunch account at a register in the cafeteria OR you may load money into your account through MySchoolBucks: MySchoolBucks.
- Students will use their same 5 digit lunch accounts from last year. These are also printed on their schedules next to the name and grade level in the top left corner.
SPEAKING OF LUNCH, HOW DO I KNOW WHEN I EAT LUNCH, etc.?
- Your 3rd block teacher will tell you which lunch you eat. For Tuesday and Wednesday ALL students should report to their 3rd block teacher to find out which lunch they will eat.
- Lunch is approximately $3-5/day, and the menu is linked here: Cafeteria Menu
HOW ARE WE DISMISSING AT THE END OF THE DAY?
- Students will be dismissed by administrator announcements for Bus # and category.
- Order of dismissal:
- ACA (Advance College Academy) students from HHS
- Car riders and student drivers
- Bus #s as they are announced
- In-season student athletes
ARE THERE ANY OTHER THINGS I MAY NEED TO KNOW TO START OFF ON THE RIGHT FOOT?
- We are transitioning to a bundled communication system. The school calendar is becoming a place where students and parents can go to find out information about academic, sports and large school events.
- Upcoming Events:
|First Day of School||9/6|
|Back to School Night 6pm-8pm||9/14|
|Student “Spirit Bus” Trip to PHHS vs. Godwin Varsity Football Game- More info to come… stay tuned!||9/16|
|Student “Spirit Tailgate” for PHHS vs. Henrico Varsity Football Game- More info to come… stay tuned!||9/23|
That about sums it up, Patriots! Rest assured, we are all here to help you find your best success. Breathe deeply, exhale, and get a good night’s rest. Tomorrow, the adventure begins!
In Patriot Pride,