First Home meet – Thursday, May 12th 10-1pm – on the PHHS track
Bring a chair and come on out to be a Fan!
Play UniPHied! Be UniPHied!
The Patrick Henry High School Special Olympics UniPHied Track & Field team (UniPHied) includes students with and without special needs competing together against other schools with like teams. UniPHied promotes social inclusion through shared sports training and competition. Training together and playing together is a quick path to friendship and understanding. Participation changes attitudes about people with disabilities and positively impacts the climate in schools and communities.
On Thursday, May 12, UniPHied will host its first home meet. The PH students and coaches will be leading the way, but community volunteers and PHans are needed to help make this a special occasion for the athletes, school and community. Please share this opportunity freely and have interested people get in touch with Terri Strange-Boston @ or 804-852-6685.
The event will take place on the Patrick Henry Track located behind the school to the right of the football field. Volunteers will need to come about 30-minutes early and sign-in in the front office, before heading to the field.
All PHans (fans) are welcome. Bring a chair and cheer loudly!
Here’s what we need:
Games (please put your name and phone number on it & bring it to the track by 9:30am on 5/12)
- 4 sets of Corn Hole
- 2 Frisbees & 4-6 hula-hoops
- 1 Badminton set
- 4 Volunteers to “run” Olympic Village
- located in the center of the track, we will have Corn Hole and other games set-up for athletes to play while waiting for their events. Volunteers will simply help athletes get started and oversee the area
- 9:30-12noon, Set-up games and manage area
8 Time Keepers & Score Keepers
- volunteers will be assigned to particular events and either time or keep score throughout the meet
4 Food & Beverage Servers
- serve lunch to the athletes
Lots of PHans (fans)!!!
- Located on the track, bring chairs, cheer loudly for all athletes