Home » Uncategorized » Financial Aid and Scholarships

Financial Aid and Scholarships


Not too late to get funding for 2016-17 college courses: If you have not already filed your 2016-17 FAFSA  (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for the academic year that beings next fall, you still can do so at www.fafsa.gov. This form is used by colleges to determine if a student is eligible for Pell Grant and/or Work-Study funds, and to award Federal Student Loans. If you need help completing the form, you can make an appointment with Mrs. Spaulding in PH Counseling (365-8020).

Bridging RVA Drawing for college scholarship funds:  All PH Seniors can be entered in a random drawing for a $250 scholarship funded by Bridging RVA.   All you need to do is take a copy of your FAFSA one-page results or the email you received stating that your FAFSA was submitted, and give it to Mrs. Osborne in Counseling by May 17th.  All entries will be placed in a bowl and TWO recipients will be drawn.  That is all there is to it!  If you have not already filed a FAFSA, you can do so at www.fafsa.gov.  If you need help completing it, you can make an appoint with Mrs. Spaulding in Counseling.  (These scholarships are funded by an award PHHS was given by Bridging RVA for the progress we have made in raising the FAFSA completion rate for PH students.)

%d bloggers like this: