We’ve gone GOOGLE!
Google Apps for Education is here! This new system will enable students and teachers to communicate, share, and collaborate more efficiently for free. This initiative represents an important step toward developing a 21st century approach to education. In doing so, we join over 8 million students and teachers who are already using Google Apps in schools around the world.
● Access to Google Drive provides students and teachers the ability to create and share documents, spreadsheets, presentations, drawings, and forms using apps which are a part of the Docs Suite. (Gmail is not included.)
● Google Calendar allows users create and share school or class calendars and events.
What are the benefits?
● Google Apps for Education works on any computer with internet access, which means students and teachers are able to share calendars and documents from school or home.
● Google Drive stores files securely in the cloud.
● Students may easily collaborate with students from other classes, buildings, or schools, working together on group projects.
● Teachers have the ability to provide comments and feedback directly to students’ documents throughout the course of an assignment.
● Students may develop a digital portfolio of work throughout their years in school.
● This is a free service.
● Students will receive instructions on how to access their Google Apps for Education account in school.
● Teachers will determine how and when their students will use these accounts.
● If your student forgets their password, please have their teacher contact the school SYSOP for a password reset.